Tuesday, September 28, 2004

i did it

I did it, man ... finally ... i mean, it had to happen ... i mean, not that i was desperate or anything ... like, why am i even trying to justify ... i bet u would have, if u were here ! people who know me are probably sayin " u 2 balls " i am not sure i understand ur sentiments ...

There were four of us. 2nd mate, 3rd mate, electrical officer and me. I had never done it before and wasnt quite into this group thing either. so u can imagine me being just a shade uncomfy. well, what was i thinkin anyway. too many Bond movies - was that the reason? i dont know. i guess, sometimes u do things just cos u dont wanna be left out. i mean, we guys have lotsa fun when we're together. seemed like the "supercool thing to do" for the day. It all started when we went back to Russia. To my colleagues it was the obvious thing to do. They do it all the time. "we're in Russia, man". yeah right !
I had to fight off the temptation. I refused then, but it was all i could think of, the next few days. we were anchored at Milazzo, a small Sicilian city, waiting to discharge our cargo.
6:30 pm local time. electrical officer's cabin.
Vodka Martini. I had never had it before, but sure knew what went into one. 2nd mate poured me a glass of vodka ( they probably saved a bottle from russia ) and added some coke. That drink was nowhere close to a Martini, whether shaken or stirred. End result : i was having coke that tasted sour. 2nd round i refused the coke. Ah, yes "neat". thats what they called it.
3rd round minus me. dint think it was such a big deal. gonna stick to wine. so with a new title of "boozer of the day" i went down to the lounge to do what i do best - watch TV.
u know, one of my colleagues, he only drinks tea. he is a tea-totaller.
hey man, i am almost getting sea sick. really, i am getting sick of staying at sea for so long. waiting for my sign off.
cheerio.
balls.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pal said...

A Kewl one dude.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home